Wednesday 12 June 2013

Dan Bylsma signs new 2-year deal with Penguins

Pittsburgh Penguins general manager Ray Shero announced Wednesday that coach Dan Bylsma had been signed to a two-year contract extension.

"When I came here seven years ago one of the things I wanted to establish was tradition of being a playoff team year in and year out," Shero said. "... I think we've been able to establish something special here. I believe we have a great coach in Dan Bylsma. I believe he is our coach moving forward."

In addition, assistant coaches Tony Granato and Todd Reirden also had their contracts extended.
"In terms of me going forward, my resolve and confidence in my ability being coach of this team has strengthened in past 36 to 48 hours," Bylsma said.

The only change on Bylsma's staff will be at goaltending coach, as Gilles Meloche, 62, has stepped down from his post after seven years to take a job as a special assignment scout.

"Gilles believes it's the right time in his life and his career to move back into a scouting role," Shero said. "He has been an invaluable member of this organization since arriving in Pittsburgh as a player in 1985 and has been on the staff for three Stanley Cup championships. He's been a scout, a goaltending consultant and a full-time goaltending coach, providing great leadership for our goaltenders and prospects. He will continue to be an asset as a special assignment scout."

No comments:

Post a Comment