Sunday 4 August 2013

NHL - News

St Louis - The St. Louis Blues have agreed on a two-year contract with forward Magnus Paajarvi, according to the team's website. The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports it is worth $2.4 million. Paajarvi, who was acquired in a trade July 10 for David Perron, was a restricted free agent. "Magnus is a well-rounded player who has good size and great skating ability," Blues GM Doug Armstrong said after acquiring Paajarvi from the Edmonton Oilers.

Paajarvi scored 16 points (nine goals) for the Oilers last season in 42 games. The 22-year-old has 26 goals and 32 assists in 163 NHL games. He was the 10th pick of the 2009 NHL Draft. "Our team is built on balance," Armstrong said. "We think [Magnus] can come in here and provide an element we don’t have right now. ... We think

Los Angeles - The Los Angeles Kings have agreed to terms on a two-year contract with forward Kyle Clifford, the team announced Friday. Clifford, 22, appeared in 48 games for the Kings last season, with 14 points (seven goals) and 51 penalty minutes. He played in 14 Stanley Cup Playoff games, with two assists and eight penalty minutes. "I just want to continue to work at my game. I don't want to change it," Clifford said, according to Mayorsmanor.com. "I want to make my game better and move up the ladder. I want to push for more minutes. I think I can contribute with more than just a fourth-line role. That’s my goal. I think if I have that mind set, it will either push guys to be better or it will help the team out in the end."

In 205 NHL games, all with the Kings, Clifford (6-foot-2, 209 pounds) has 40 points (19 goals) and 315 penalty minutes. Clifford was selected by the Kings in second round (No. 35) in the 2009 NHL Draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment