Monday 9 September 2013

Colin Greening Signs 3-year Sens Extension

The Ottawa Senators on Monday signed forward Colin Greening to a three-year contract extension that keeps him with the team through the 2016-17 season. The team said via its Twitter account that Greening's contract has an average annual value of $2.65 million per year. Greening, 27, had eight goals, 11 assists and a plus-5 rating in 47 regular-season games last season. He scored three goals and had an assist in 10 Stanley Cup Playoff games. The Senators beat the Montreal Canadiens in the opening round before being eliminated by the Pittsburgh Penguins. Selected by the Senators in the seventh round (No. 204) in the 2005 NHL Draft, Greening has 31 goals and 38 assists in 153 NHL games, all with the Senators. He had one season remaining on his previous contract.

"That I'm actually in their plans is great," he told Sens TV. "It's gratifying for me and I hope that I can be the player they want me to be and help this team gain further success down the road. I consider myself a person that can be versatile, but at the other end of that, you have to be consistent, you have to be able to complement other players and I think that's a role I want to take on and that's why I think we were able to reach an agreement. I'm excited to get going."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment