Monday 31 October 2016

NHL - Philadelphia Flyers @ Chicago Blackhawks 4-7 - Tuesday, October 18, 2016



Artem Anisimov, Patrick Kane and Artemi Panarin combined for 11 points to make sure Marian Hossa's 500th NHL goal didn't come in a Chicago Blackhawks loss. After blowing a 4-0 lead, Chicago got three straight goals from its second line in the third period to defeat the Philadelphia Flyers 7-4 at United Center.
After the Blackhawks scored three goals in the first, Hossa made it 4-0 at 5:04 of the second to become the 44th player in NHL history to score at least 500 goals.

The Flyers responded with four straight goals of their own, including two by Matt Read and the equalizer by Wayne Simmonds on the power play at 3:49 of the third. Anisimov, Kane and Panarin took it from there. Anisimov scored at 10:24, Panarin made it 6-4 at 16:03, and Anisimov scored into an empty net with 45 seconds left.

"I definitely didn't want to [score] 500 into an empty net. I'm just glad it happened during the game, and it just feels good. I'm just happy about it." Hossa said.
Artem Anisimov: "Sometimes, it happens in a game. The games go both ways, but it's a good thing. We find a way to score after [losing the lead] and get it done and get the two points for us. That's the most important thing."
"It was so exciting. I'm just so happy for him. He scored 500 goals. It's a huge milestone for him, and when I saw the puck cross the line, I was so happy from inside, and I just screamed like a kid, you know."
Marion Hossa: "To tell you the truth, it just felt great. Great reception from the fans and just kind of my career just really quick. It's 500 goals. I'm just glad to be a part of that company and thank all my teammates who I played with."

No comments:

Post a Comment