Monday 14 November 2016

'Jääkiekko Yö Sisään Suomi' - A New Beginning

Image result for finnish hockey
I am forever trying to find new ways to improve this blog and also to expand on the leagues and teams that I follow.
For the past Four years I have been following the NHL, and that will continue, however I want to expand the content to include leagues from across Europe.
The KHL has featured heavily for 15 months now, and that will continue in a new look regionalised format.
Having travelled to Moscow twice now, I am familiar with the Capital's hockey teams and therefore want to focus a bit more on them, so there will be a regular weekly feature on news and game reports from the Moscow area.
There will also be a feature of the Baltic region with SKA Saint-Petersburg and Dinamo Riga getting a good mention.
As for the remainder of the teams, I would like to try and do regular features for those too. Ak Bars Kazan are one of my favourite teams so they will always get a feature, while on occasion the teams from Sibir, Volga and the Far East will get a regionalised round-up.
I am excited by the changes, and I hope it will be more fun to read, compare to the current format.
As for the NHL, things have gone a bit stale with my coverage, and I am looking at ways to try and freshen it up. It's still a work in progress right now, as I try to find the right formula for the way forward, but I hope to make improvements on that soon.
Finally, the big news I am most excited about. Hockey From Across The Pond has secured the services of Finnish writer Aatami Mäkinen [think about this one eh?], who will look to have a regular feature posting each Monday. There will be full coverage of Jokerit's adventure in the KHL, with game reports, interviews and features, as well as a round up of every game through out the week in the SM-Liiga, Finland's top division, and also some key clashes in the second tier Mestis league and progress of Finnish teams in the Champions Hockey League.
Aatami, is a Pelicans Lahti fan and will be focusing a lot of coverage to their progress this season.
Monday's will officially be 'Jääkiekko Sisään Suomi' With a full round-up of the previous week's action as well as a look forward to the week ahead. The reason Monday has been chosen is, traditionally Finnish League games are not played on Sunday or Monday's, giving the perfect break during the week to highlight the coverage.
While, the new changes are slowly taking shape, we are hopping to get everything up and running as soon as possible, so please keep checking in when you can.
I hope to include some features, where possible of games from DEL, Sweden, Norway, Czech Republic and some of the Minor League games from Across the Pond in North America, as well as my Whitley Warriors 'View from the Commentary Box' feature'.
The First Finnish post will be up later this week, with a full round up of my latest hockey trip. Enjoy...
Image result for finnish hockey

No comments:

Post a Comment