Friday 4 November 2016

NHL - Dallas Stars @ Minnesota Wild 0-4 - Saturday, October 29, 2016



Minnesota Wild goalie Devan Dubnyk extended his shutout streak to three games with a 4-0 win against the Dallas Stars at Xcel Energy Center.
Dubnyk made 29 saves and has made 94 in his past 180 minutes played. He passed Darcy Kuemper's Wild record of 163:46.
Forward Tyler Graovac, recalled from Iowa of the American Hockey League on Saturday, scored his first NHL goal at 12:37 of the third period to give Minnesota a 4-0 lead. He has three goals and four points in six games in the AHL this season. Eric Staal, who turned 32 Saturday, made it 3-0 with a power-play goal at 10:54 of the third period, after Nino Niederreiter made it 2-0 at 3:08 of the third.

"It's hard not to smile in that moment. Pure emotions and chills, a feeling I've never really had before. It was a lot more than just a goal for me. It was just a great accomplishment for me." Graovac said.
* Wild forward Zach Parise and defenseman Marco Scandella are week to week with lower-body injuries sustained against the Buffalo Sabres on Thursday. … Wild forward Zac Dalpe (lower body) didn't play the third period and there is no timetable for his return. … The Stars activated right wing Jiri Hudler from injured reserve and assigned center Justin Dowling to Texas of the AHL. Forward Jason Spezza (lower body) also was back in the lineup after missing two games.
Tyler Graovac: "Your first NHL goal is something I've dreamed of, a short-term goal I've wanted for so long. I know I had a lot of family watching that game. It's not just me scoring that goal. It's my aunts, uncles, grandmother, my parents back home. It's just something very special for all of us that we can all enjoy."


Stars Quotes
Lindy Ruff: "For two periods we totally outworked them, we weren't in our own end. I thought that part of the game our puck movement was good, a few plays from the point where we don't get pucks through that maybe hurt us. I [have to] go around and be pretty fussy if I want to pick apart those first two periods.
"[We] dominated the second period, had some pucks go off some posts. Their goaltender is seeing the puck pretty well right now. We didn't have a lot of puck luck when it came to being around the net."
Jamie Benn: "It's obviously not the greatest time around here. But we've got to keep working hard. We can't get frustrated. We've got to stick together and work our way out of this. How we're going to do that, I guess, is sticking together and keep working hard, and try not to get frustrated."

No comments:

Post a Comment